Tuesday 13 May 2014

Dancing.

(Nike, Prometheus)

Allegro ma non troppo

Most of artists are worried with schemes: space, time, organization, logic, combination, composition. I am not an artist because I have another issue: my issue is love. Let's dance. 
Nike: _Do you love me?
Prometheus: _Of course not. I will never love you.
Nike: _Ever?
Prometheus: _Wait. There is something inside my shoe. Can you see it?

Prometheus shows a tiny little rock. It has something minuscule written on it: Mein teurer Freund, ich rat' Euch drum. Zuerst Collegium Logicum. Zwar ist's mit der Gedankenfabrik, Wie mit einem Weber-Meisterstück, Der Philosoph, der tritt hereinUnd beweist Euch, es müsst so sein. Goethe. Faust I.  

Prometheus: _It was troubling my skill on dancing. But it's nothing. Let's not forget timing to perform this dance. 
Nike: _I want a chance with you.
Prometheus: _Go do something better. Find a job, go to college, learn to play guitar, I don't know. But don't love me. I don't need you love.
Nike: _I never gave it to you. How could you say? 
Prometheus: _I don't like being used. Do you enjoy to be played as a doll? Where is your self respect?
Nike: _Used? Will stop being a fagot? Please? What the heck is that suppose to mean? I wasn't using you. 
Prometheus: _Would you like to talk about deny? You deny everything I said. 
Nike: _I am not denying. You are very, very touch feeling. Poor boy.
Prometheus: _Will you dance correct?
Nike: _I am dancing just fine. You lose the step and put the blame on me.
Prometheus: _I don't play games Nike. You better accept it.
Nike: _Accept what? 
Prometheus: _That you lose. 
Nike: _Why?
Prometheus: _I am putting you to dance. I can't love you. You are very special to me, I admire you so much, your passion, the things we use to talk, you are wonderful Nike. I don't deserve you. I can't say that I cannot stay with her just because she's hot. 
Nike: _Excuse-me sir, I am not begging for your love. 
Prometheus: _Good. Now we can dance.
Nike: _Why you have to be so cold and...a fucking asshole?
Prometheus: _...
Nike: _I hate you, from the deeps of Hades, I hate you baby.
Prometheus: _Why don't you go away then? 
Nike: _I wish I could it! It's against my nature...Damn what a strange feeling!
Prometheus: _I do not stay with any woman who cannot control her own feelings. 
Nike: _When you talk like that, I want to punch your face of proud...disgusting!
Prometheus: _Keep on moving. Yeah, shake it babe. Let's do it, c'mon. Go, go.
Nike: _Don't you ever feel something true in your life? Ever?
Prometheus: _Yes, I did. 
Nike: _Some loves are better like this. When they don't even start. When they die in their first breath. We were just meeting each other, but I pictured another situation. It was all my fault. I can't blame you because I started to feel chills on my back every time I thought about you. But I don't feel sorry for this short story love we had. I feel proud for having you with me. Maybe this conversation should become a fairy tale where people use to dream.
Prometheus: _That's right. So we won't hurt each other. It's better a lie in the beginning, when everything is destroyed before it begins, instead of hurting and lying to you for a long time. I don't want to hurt and I don't want to lie for you, we have a good relation and I respect that very much to just throw away into the garbage, in the place where everything has a price and it's trivial. You deserve better than this, you deserve the true, so it won't hurt you tomorrow. I adore our relation, our burning kisses and hugs, I adore your smile and your voice. You are such a perfect girl. There are thousands of better guys than me. I don't wanna stay with you to endorse my selfish. I respect you very much Nike, and I believe it's my responsibility, not to cause harm on you for nothing. 
Nike: _Friends?
Prometheus: _Always friends. I still want to talk to you, your thoughts are poetic and this is something I love very much.
Nike: _Poetry? Or Athena?
Prometheus: _Please Nike...I am not prepared for it.
Nike: _I am sorry. Do you see that I cannot control this shit inside me? Makes me act like a fool. I even miss the time of steps. I am not good Prometheus!
Prometheus: _So you are such a great performer. Because I can see a lot of teeth and a big smile. How could you be sad? 
Nike: _I see you smiling all the time. But I don't think it's because you are happy. You smile because it's necessary. It's good for the soul to let everything go and laugh. It's the better gift we have. So I am not an actress as you say. Hey...
Prometheus: _....
Nike: _Thank you for telling me the true. I wanted to hate you but all that I can feel now is love. I won't stop let to love you just because you said so. It's not gonna end in a few minutes, so I could ask for a last kiss?
Prometheus: _No. We better not play with things we don't know where they could get. Watch your feet! 
Nike: _You are fire. 
Prometheus: _I don't want to use you Nike. I can't play that low with someone that I care this big.
Nike: _How big?
Prometheus: _The size of my smile.
Nike: _Not that much...
Prometheus: _This is the way things are. You are a young lady. You have so much to grow and learn. 
Nike: _I will never forget you.
Prometheus: _You should. Or I will enslave your mind and put you into grimtooth that you cannot escape. I will not be a good love if I exist only inside your head. You must give everything you have to somebody else. You love me. This is the greatest thing you have: it proofs to yourself that you have the ability to love. You love a lot a things besides me. You love your pet, your friends, your exercises, your amazing garden. What you love most love it's your obsession: a wish of winning. Always. Don't you love it?
Nike: _Stop!
Prometheus: _Listen what I say, I am meaning it. You can love. And that's all you need. 
Nike: _First I need to learn to love myself. This is too much "Beatles" to me.
Prometheus: _You already do. But you cannot accept that fact. You deny it. You don't believe you deserve your love and your own care. This is why you feel like trash some days. 
Nike: _Do you see? I can read my eyes before I speak, and I truly believe you touch my heart when you talk, when you look. When you show me you know so much about me, that I ignore. Of course you can do that as a friend, but It's a chemical stuff that bothers me. You understand me.
Prometheus: _You cannot love me because I understand you. Sorry...I am being cruel.
Nike: _Yes, you are being nasty. 
Prometheus: _Whatever doesn't kill you...
Nike: _Simply makes you stronger. 
Prometheus: _Next movement. 


Clarissa Lake - Dancing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment